Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The true defintion of Community

So this is my friend, Joanna. We are in a small group together and each week some of the girls come and visit so I can enjoy some good girl time. I had been complaining about not having the time to shave my legs because of being on bedrest, so Joanna came last Thursday with her water basin (tin bowl), towels, shaving cream and razor. Since Jesus washed the disciples feet, this must be the girls' alternative. Talk about having a servant's heart. I laugh even now thinking that someone would actually do this for me, but it was such a special treat. It's the small things that make your day when you've been in a hospital bed as long as I have. Let's just say, you know you've got a true friend when they are willing to come and shave your legs that have not seen the light of day in months! : ) Thanks, Joanna!!

3 comments:

Collins Family said...

AWESOME!!!

maribeth said...

i agree - a true definition of community. and watching was pretty amusing as well. i will not make it this week, but y'all have fun!

Joanna said...

HAHAHA!!!

anytime! there's no way you're going that long without it again!!!

definitely an unforgettable experience, i must say. HA!