Monday, July 21, 2008

Pregnancy Update...Week 34

I had my final ultrasound today before I leave the hospital which should be Thursday sometime. Everything looked wonderful. My cervix is still holding steady and Micah looks great. He is weighing somewhere in the ballpark of 5lbs 14oz give or take a few ounces. The ultrasound tech said he has a very chubby tummy and I even got to see some chubby cheeks. He is already taking after his brother.
Now certainly the Lord might have other things in mind, but the plan is that I will go home sometime on Thursday and be a couch potato for the next couple of weeks and then when I get to 37 weeks, I am good to party!! If I don't go into labor on my own, we are scheduled to have Micah (by c-section) sometime between August 22nd and August 25th.
I will continue to keep everyone updated, but please know how grateful Ben and I are to have had your prayers and support during this time. Our journey is not yet complete but we can see the light and soon we will see the result of this vigilant waiting. We continue to cherish your prayers for our family and for the arrival of Micah as the Lord allows in his own timing. May we all rejoice in the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord as he has allowed us by his strength and through your prayers to reach another milestone in this journey.


4 comments:

kris said...

that's so wonderful, heather! and i wouldn't be sad to share my birthday with little m ;) (the 24th) :D

Just Deb said...

Hi, Heather

I am so glad things are coming together for you. I totally believed things would...I do apologize for not responding sooner; I'm just funny acting sometimes and wanted to make sure you were in a safe place before doing so.

I know God will continue to bless your family; just keep your head up chick.

Take Care,
Deb'

Unknown said...

Yay! My neighbor will be back. When you hit 37 weeks, we will go to the zoo. If that doesn't make you go into labor, I don't know what will :) Is there anything I can do to help you prepare for the move home?

jennifer said...

Hooray! Great news!