Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm Home!!!!

After 60 days in the hospital, I got to go home this morning. My doctor moved it up one day. I was so thankful!! Right now I am writing from the comfort of my own living room, on my own couch, watching Isaiah play for as long as I want. It's fabulous!! Ben did such a wonderful job keeping up with the house and the laundry and everything else under the sun while I was gone. I know that most wives would say this about their husbands, but I believe I have the best. I love you so much, sweetie! I also have to continue to give props to my mother who is the ultimate mom/mimi, she truly is superwoman and I love her with all my heart.
I didn't realize how much I had actually missed being at home and Isaiah didn't quite know what to do with himself when he saw me get out of the car. Ben took the day off and he has been the most content and happy little boy. It just makes my heart melt.
It was such a weird feeling leaving the hospital this morning. I have grown so close to all the nurses and for the last 2 months my life has revolved around the people and the activity that came my way each day (even though it wasn't very much) it still was my routine. I had such wonderful care and will forever be grateful to all of those at the hospital who gave so selflessly.
I wish I could describe more clearly the feelings that I am experiencing today. I guess the best word I can think of is, surreal. I really did not think when I got to the hospital on May 23rd that I would be coming back home before Micah was born and here I am. Soon we will be making another trip back to the hospital but Lord willing, only for a short stay and with a new little bundle of joy to bring home!
Please don't feel like the visits have to stop since I am not at the hospital. We would love to have visitors at our house as well. I'm still stuck on a couch for the next little while so I would love the extra company. I'll post pictures from the house soon, so you know I'm really here!!

2 comments:

Collins Family said...

Yay! I am so excited for you to be in the comfort of your own home. What an experience...one I am sure you will never forget. Praying for the health of little Micah, can't wait to meet him :) Love you sister.

JR Rozko said...

Welcome home Heather!