Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Name...Finally

Well, we have decided on a name for our second little boy, Micah Benjamin. When we were first thinking about boy names, Ben had come up with a list of his top 10 and we both were drawn to Micah. After researching the name, I felt even more certain that the Lord had led us to this name. Micah means "who is like Yahweh" and I don't think there could be anything more appropriate for this little guy and the journey we have been on trying to get him here. I have believed pretty much since we found out almost 3 months ago of this pregnancy complication, that when Micah is born healthy and strong and I can look back on this journey that it will have happened only because of the Lord. While I am very grateful for the doctors and the nurses and the care that they have provided and are continuing to provide, one thing that I have learned is that the doctors will do what they can do and God will do what only he can do.
So...little Micah's story will start with his name and Ben and I will teach and show him just as we will do with Isaiah that there is no one like Yahweh and it is only by his grace and his mercy that we are here and that God has given us each a purpose ordained before the foundations of the world.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!

Melody said...

such a perfect name

Anonymous said...

LOVE the name!!!

kkoois said...

can't wait to meet you, micah!

jennifer said...

ooh. little micah. hooray!