Friday, June 13, 2008

My Birthday

June 11th was my 24th birthday (yes, I'm still very much a baby) and what a birthday week I had. One of my dearest friends, Adrianne Collins, came into town last Friday to visit for a few days and attend another friend's baby shower. Little did I know that she had been planning a surprise party for me here at the hospital which happened Monday night. I was expecting Adrianne and my other friend Carolyn to bring dinner and hang for a little bit around 7 when all of a sudden about 7:30 a group of about 12 girls bust through the door singing Happy Birthday and bearing balloons, flowers, cake (a story behind that in a minute) and gifts. I was so surprised!!! Ben was here with me and he had been in on it as well. He does not do good keeping secrets from me but he did so well (which is a little scary). He did tell me later he about spilled the beans 5 times.
I am so glad these rooms here at Baptist are big because we packed it out and had so much fun. Now to the story about the cake...I noticed as the girls were carrying it in that it looked a little lopsided. I was told that my friends had taken the top off the cake to put some candles on it and when it was picked up it had not adhered to the plastic on the bottom very well and slid onto the floor of the waiting room after they had gotten off the elevator. I wish I could have had pictures of those people who were waiting in the lobby because I was told that all their mouths were open. I'm sure it was one of those slow motion moments where everyone saw the cake falling but just couldn't reach it fast enough. I will have pictures soon!! It was hilarious.
I can't tell this story without giving a little background into the morning before this happened. I was having a rough morning missing Isaiah and of course having a meltdown. My prayer that morning was that God would bring some encouragement and that I really needed to feel his arms wrapped around me. Little did I know how he was going to answer that prayer. I couldn't have asked for more encouragement and I got 12 hugs. Isn't our God so awesome?? I wish I had another word for awesome because it just does not do him justice.
Never would I have thought that I would have had such a great birthday being in the hospital but it was wonderful. To all my God sent Friends: I love you all so much and want to say thank you for making my birthday so special!! I will post pictures soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you had a great time. God is pretty awesome :)