While I was on bedrest, my doctor expressed over and over that I needed to find a good personal trainer to help get my no more muscle body back into shape after Micah got here. Little did I know that after 3 weeks of bedrest and especially hospital bedrest, you lose all muscle mass, so to prevent furthur structural injury to my body later on, a personal trainer was a must. (too bad insurance doesn't pay for it!) I got the ok last week to start my training and yesterday was my first day!
My personal trainer is Johnny Loper and I knew him when I used to work out back in high school. He was a trainer at the Desoto Athletic Club where I was a member. Back then, I worked out all the time and I have to say it was one of my favorite things to do. I loved taking the aerobic classes even though I have no coordination so it was always interesting to see how long I would make it without tripping over one of the stepup benches. It was such a great stress reliever and I always felt like I was doing a good job staying healthy. I did not have those great feelings yesterday. It has been several years since I have worked out and having 2 kids now, my physique is just not quite the same. I've got a goal to loose about 20 lbs and I've got about 6 wks to do it. (that's about all we can afford right now). So I guess we'll see. I can barely pick up my arms today, so I hope to continue to live through the workouts to write about them!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
bless your heart! just thinking about working out makes me hurt.
Post a Comment