Saturday, September 6, 2008

Even adults need some Veggie Tales

Yesterday while I was feeding Micah I had put Veggie Tales on to try and keep Isaiah occupied. Well, Isaiah was not occupied by Veggie Tales but more so by the hand sanitizer that ended up all over the coffee table. Anyway, I started watching it (what else was I going to do?) and I really feel like the Lord used the story to speak right to my heart. I guess grown-ups can use a little dose of Veggie Tale truth too!

The story was about Gideon and how he defeated the Midionite (sp?) army with just 300 men. Interesting thing is while I was on bedrest the Lord used this story to encourage me by reminding me of His power to accomplish his plans and not our own human strength. I guess I needed another reminder of this yesterday and Veggie Tales was the way to do it. Besides the subtle humor throughout the story that makes me laugh out loud, God once again showed me that as his children we do not have to make life work on our own as much as we want too. God wants to amaze us with his plans and his ways to bring those plans about. The crazy thing is...he adores and cherishes us so much that he actually allows us to be apart of it. Larry, the cucumber was a fine example of this!

So while my goal was to have Isaiah watch something wholesome and entertaining, I was actually the one that walked away having my heart encouraged and strengthed. Way to go Veggie Tales!

No comments: