So last night I had a few girls from my small group and Isaiah's play group come and have a girls' night at the hospital. We had so much fun! My friend Joanna brought chips and salsa from Chili's and we had a little party. She also brought some fun goodies to keep me entertained while I'm spending so much time here. Magazines, books, brain teasers, a nice plate to eat on, a wonderful blue valour blanket along with some great snacks. I felt like it was Christmas!! It was so nice to be spoiled.Another friend brought some yarn and a crochet needle so I got on utube last night and taught myself how to crochet (well at least the basics). It is a great mindless way to waste time. It may look like a ball of mess when I'm through, but I will have passed some time. :)
I had a couple of nights this week of just some "girl time" and it was just what I needed. God is so good for providing friends at just the right time!
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is so great! I hope to make it up there soon!!!
Sorry I haven't been to see you. Joanna seems to think you would prefer her visit over me. Thanks for letting me hang with Benjamin too.
So glad to have found your blog Heather, this is definately a good way to help pass the time while you are in the hospital. I can try and get up there either today or tomorrow and bring you my body pillow I was talking about. Do you know if children are allowed in there besides for Isaiah? Let me know if there is anything else you need and I will get it up to you. Hope things are continuing to go well and I will be praying for yall.
Melody
www.gettingreadyforbabyburchett.blogspot.com
Post a Comment