Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our new home!


Well, after weeks of trying to stay away from the hospital, it happened. I was admitted on Friday due to a shortening cervix and some minor contractions. I am 26 weeks along and the doctors would like to keep me here another 8 weeks until I'm 35. Talk about a ways to go!! As you can see, Isaiah is loving all the new toys he is getting to play with. This next step in the journey is certainly something we were trying to avoid, but now that we are here, it is very apparent that this is the best place for me and this little one growing inside of me. The nurses and doctors have been wonderful so far and I have even been moved to the penthouse suite (as the staff calls it) because it is the best room on the floor with the best view. When I first arrived on Friday, I was put on an iv to push fluids and given 2 steroid shots for the baby's lungs. Now, I'm off the iv and am only being monitored twice a day for contractions. Sleep hasn't been the greatest, but I'm slowly adjusting. The nurses are already fully aware of how much a wimp I am when it comes to needles and pain and are doing their best to comfort me when they do have to poke and prod. :) Life certainly looks different than what we thought it was going to, but we are feel grateful that the Lord is looking after us and providing us with such great care and encouragement.

8 comments:

kkoois said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!! I'm glad you're here.

We continue to pray for you, Ben, Isaiah, and the little one doing his best to make it here.

Collins Family said...

Yay! Welcome!! I expect frequent updates and the scoop on all the inner workings of your new home :)

Anonymous said...

Yah! I am so excited you have a blog! I love reading about people and their lives!!!

mindy said...

Hey Baby Girl! what a great idea!!! You know Eddie and I here for whatever you need. I listened to Isaiah in the car when Missy and I were talking. What a cutie pie!! I wish I could make things easier for you or atleast be there to lay in bed and giggle with ya. I'm just a phone call away. I love you soooo soooo much! Tell Benjeramin we love him too and Missy already gives Isaiah kisses from Mindy all the time.

Erica said...

We love you guys and will be here for anything you need! Provided I don't lock my keys in my car...cause if I do, you're out of luck! Kidding! We'll be visiting soon!

the johnsons said...

yay another friend blog!! ours is johnsonkandk.googlepages.com, if you ever get bored ;) we'll be by to visit soon!!

brienne said...

yea! i look forward to following you on your journey via the blog world! my prayers are with you and your precious family...

Ari said...

Hey Heather. I really hope you are doing well over there in your new home. David Smith said he just paid you a visit...I'll be there soon!